Monday, March 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Linking up with lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday.

1. Pacifiers.
At first I didn't think Bean would ever agree to take one because she threw a fit whenever I tried to give them to her. But now? I'm afraid I'm never going to break her of the habit. At this point, if it makes her happy, I'm not going to worry about it.

2. Being alone.
The house is pretty quiet. It's been two weeks since Christopher left and I guess it's going okay. He can't Skype but he does email from work and try to call every other night. I tell him not to stress out about calling us because I know he's working long hours but he likes to hear me and the baby to keep a sense of normalcy.

3. Leaking diapers.
The last week and a half this kid has been leaking out of her diapers. I think she's inbetween snap sizes on the Thirsties covers and it's driving me nuts. I ordered some Alvababy's and Sunbaby 4.0's so I'm excited for those to get in.

4. Coffee.
Seriously, I love coffee. So freakin good. I don't know what I would do without it.

5. Leaving the house.
I haven't left the house alone with Bean yet. Truth be told, I'm kind of scared. I know it's silly and we'll be fine but it's just something I've never had to do before so it's a little intimidating. The first time we go grocery shopping might be interesting.

6. Television.
Today is the first time I'm watching daytime television. Dr. Oz is on. I'm not that interested. lol. Maybe after a few more days at home alone, it'll be more interesting.

6 comments:

Emily Powell said...

sorry the hubs is away...that must be hard!

Lauren said...

I'm with you on the coffee!!! I've only been to the store once with my son and it was kinda overwhelming... not to scare you or anything! :) Nothing wrong with laying low for awhile!

Lauren
www.poppielane.com

Anonymous said...

The pacifier thing? Same here. Ethan didn't have a pacifier until he was 2-3 weeks old, and we were determined to not use one if we didn't have to. Now, I fear having to take it away.

We went through two brands of cloth diapers, Thirsties being the second and last. They were leaking, and after spending sooo much money on different kinds, I was over it. Not only that, my husband was over it, and got sucked into disposables, and didn't want to go back to cloth. Sigh. So, thank God for Amazon Mom and their discounts, because we are getting disposables super cheap. I hope your experience with cloth is better than ours!

And coffee? Yeah. Say no more. :)

Lori said...

I know how you feel about being hesitant to leave the house-- I TOTALLY remember that feeling. And I'd panic if she'd even start to whimper while we were out. It'll get better!

Also, I wish my little girl would take a pacifier! At least she'd have something to soothe herself when I couldn't do it!

New follower, please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

TIFFANY said...

My oldest never would take a pacifier. The other three loved theirs, though. None of them ever really had a hard time giving it up. Just a rough night or two and that was it.

Elizabeth said...

Hope it gets better with your hubby being away. :(

Ps. Love your blog! :)

http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com