Monday, January 10, 2011

I am no longer homeless.

We are officially moved in. It's been a stressful week but honestly, I am extremely happy! We still have a LONG way to go on getting the house ready but we're slowly (very slowly) getting there.

My life is pretty much Murphy's Law in action. Sometimes it's really annoying, and a lot of times, it's actually pretty funny. In the beginning of our relationship Christopher used to tell me to be optimistic and that I was just paranoid but after two years together, he has admitted that it's amazing how off track things get for me. However, it kind of levels out because everything always work out for him. You seriously have no idea the luck that this man has. Life rolls out a red carpet for him everywhere he goes. He's running late? Oh, what do you know... so is the bus that he's supposed to catch. Free upgrade? Sure, why not? I'm not going to complain though because I get to reap the benefits simply by association.

Our bedroom set was delivered and the bed rails and mirror are magically not in stock right now so we have to wait to actually put the bed together. Oh and the headboard they delivered was damaged so they have to replace that as well. Fun! So, we are sleeping on a boxspring and mattress on the floor.

The Army screwed up royally so we have absolutely no living room furniture until the first or second week of February. There are boxes piled sky high that the movers are supposed to come back to pick up... whenever that is.

The good news is that we have been working feverishly on the baby's nursery so that it's ready even if the rest of the house is a complete disaster. Yay for being responsible parents!

I'm getting a brand new doctor on Wednesday. He'll be the one performing my c-section now. I found this out today when I got to the hospital. They informed me that they cancelled my appointment and were moving it to Wednesday to do a meet and greet. Awesome. Seriously, awesome.

Christopher leaves to go on TDY to Georgia for 5 days tomorrow morning. The same morning that IKEA is delivering our day bed, wardrobe, and kitchen island... all of which need to be assembled. So... that means they'll just sit there until next week! There's no way in hell that I'd even be able to attempt to put that shit together without losing my mind or killing myself. This also means that the boxes of coats and shoes will sit there until Christopher gets back as well.

Here's to hoping that the baby doesn't make an appearance while daddy is on another continent!

I can't believe I only have two more weeks of a baby-free life!

1 comments:

madge said...

Congrats on having a house! I'm sure that's a big relief. My condolences on not having a bed frame, though. I can't imagine having to haul my ass up off just a mattress and box springs 80 times a night to go pee. Two weeks! That's so soon and exciting! It's almost over, and then the real fun will begin!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com