Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year

I make a New Year's resolution every year and I never stick to them. I'm a quitter!

This year, I've made the resolution to be a better wife and mother. This deployment has been rough on me lately and I feel myself losing patience, getting irritated, and not giving as much of myself to my daughter as I used to. It makes me feel awful. But, the new year is bringing my husband back home to me. In a few weeks, I'll have my partner back and I can breathe a little easier, get a little more done, and have someone to team up and tackle every day with me.


I've told him that if he ever finds out he's deploying again, I'm breaking his legs. I don't think he takes me seriously... he should!

Professionally, I've made the resolution to become a better photographer. I want to make time for myself to shoot for fun, perfect my techniques, force myself to take the time to learn new things, and really come up with a solid marketing and business plan before heading back to the states in a couple of years.

 

I'm looking forward to this year like I've never looked forward to any year in the past. This year, I will be a mother AND a wife. We'll finally get to be a family again and Chris will get to be here for Valentine's Day, 4th of July, his birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, you get the idea :)

What are your resolutions for the year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com